We understand that families may have concerns or questions with regard to Coronavirus (COVID-19). In in order to ensure you have easy access to the information you need in relation to the day to day operation of our school we have created this dedicated page for you to refer to. This page will be updated whenever there are any changes or updates to share.
If your child is engaged in remote learning, the quick reference parent guide can be accessed via the link on this page. The full Remote Learning Strategy can be found on the policies page of the website.
Please DO NOT come onto the school site if you are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19).
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are the recent onset of:
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
Thank you for working with us to protect our staff and children and to reduce the spread of the virus!
Latest School Information
- All school activities, including local school trips, will be going ahead as usual.
- We are not permitting children to bring hand sanitiser into school. The advice is that soap and water is far more effective at getting rid of germs.
- We are not permitting children to wear face masks in school.
Latest Government Information
Please click on the link which will take you directly to the latest government and public health guidelines: Coronavirus Information
Only children of critical key workers and those families deemed vulnerable should attend, if they have prior agreement from the school. If your child is self-isolating this absence will be recorded but will not affect their overall attendance figure. However, absence for those children who are absent from school for precautionary reasons will be recorded as unauthorised. It is vitally important that families contact the school immediately if anyone in the household has COVID-19 symptoms, if they they have been in contact with someone who has tested positive or if any member of the household has tested positive.
Actions taken by the school
As a school, we are taking every precaution to delay the spread of the virus. These include the following:
- All children are learning in class or year group bubbles.
- Access to the school site has been restricted.
- Specific lessons and assemblies about safety measures and the importance of good hygiene have been taught and are regularly revisited.
- Safety measures relating to Coronavirus have been shared with all children at an age appropriate level and posters have been put up around the school.
- Planned opportunities for children to wash their hands have been increased and children are being encouraged to wash their hands more frequently.
- Tissues are available in all classrooms and children are asked to blow their nose and/or sneeze into them and dispose of them immediately in the bin after use. (Any donations of boxes of tissues will be gratefully received).
- Hand sanitiser is available in all classrooms and at main school entrances.
- We are following an enhanced cleaning schedule throughout the school day.
- We are using disinfectant wipes to clean equipment that has to be shared such as computer keyboards and iPads.
Thank you for working with us in our efforts to delay the spread of coronavirus- COVID-19. We understand and share your concerns and urge everyone to avoid joining in speculation that will serve to fuel concern amongst the school community.