Hillcross Primary School
This event will take place between 9:00am and 2:00pm on 18/01/2020.
Our School Garden needs all our families!
To coordinate with the delivery of new fruit trees for the allotment, the next dig day will take place on Saturday, 18th January.
This is a great opportunity to come and be part of a community project. Whether you have all day or just 30 mins to spare, you can make a valuable contribution to this important resource for the children. Family, friends and supervised children are all welcome to join in.
We have a variety of fun projects for the day including:
· Tree planting - come and help us plant our mini orchard of fruit trees and bushes.
· Bog garden - help us plant up a brand new habitat for toads and other beneficial wildlife.
· Mural and fence painting - Calling all artists: Please come and help us paint the fences and add some decorative touches.
· Digging and pruning - Come and get your exercise fix for the weekend. The allotment is in much better shape this year thanks to the support of our volunteers. However, as always, there are some weeds still to be dug out and hedges to be trimmed. Please bring any hedge trimmers you have to help with this.
· Carpentry - We would be grateful for any handy people with cordless drills and tools to put up signs, plant supports and help reinforce fence panels and planters.Please bring gardening gloves and tools if you can.
Short on time? Why not drop off materials - We are always grateful for donations of topsoil, compost, bark chippings, paving slabs or vine eyes and any spare bulbs or plants you have left over from your own gardens. Don't leave it festering at the back of your shed, we will be glad to make use of anything you can spare! All of these jobs need to be done and your help, no matter how little time you can offer, will be incredibly valuable.
The day will start at 9.00am and finish at 2pm, but please come along when you can, for however long you can. Also, please feel free to ask family and friends to come along and join in too. This is a lovely opportunity for the children to work as part of a community on a project they will personally benefit from. Snacks and hot drinks will be available throughout the day and the previous dig days have been a huge success and great fun.
Please let us know if you are able to come along by contacting the school office so that we can arrange enough refreshments for everyone. However, if you decide to come at the last minute you will be very welcome!
Thank you in advance for your support!