Hillcross Primary School
Additional Nursery Hours Available
Full Time Nursery Opportunities
Hillcross Primary School provides nursery education for 3 and 4 year olds for 15 hours per week, starting in the term after they are three, under the Governments Free Early ‘Universal’ Education offer.
Some children are also eligible for an additional 15 hours free nursery education each week, known as the ‘extended’ entitlement. This offer is available to working families and means that when combined with the ‘universal’ offer, your child could have free nursery education for 30 hours each week. To check your eligibility for the ‘extended’ entitlement offer you can visit the Childcare Choices website (childcarechoices.gov.uk). If you are eligible, you will receive a DERN code which you would share with the school.
At Hillcross Primary School, our school Nursery is open from 8.30am to 3.15pm. Therefore, there is an additional 45 minutes per day that parents will need to pay for. There is an additional charge of £25 per week for each child that must be paid in order to make use of the ‘extended’ entitlement at our school.
We also offer families not eligible for the extended entitlement the option of paying for additional hours so that their child/ren can also attend our Nursery class from 8.30am until 3.15pm. Children taking this option would need to attend every day at a cost of £120 per week - this is calculated at a daily rate of £24 for each additional session.
If we are over subscribed for a additional hour places, places will be offered using the below criteria:
- Existing nursery children with the 15 hour place
- Looked after children
- Children with a sibling in attendance at the main school
- Child of a staff member
- Distance to school from home address
These offers are available term time only. We believe that accessing a full time place in our school nursery has a number of benefits which include:
- Access to provision that is led by fully qualified teachers – this has had a very positive impact on outcomes for children in neighbouring boroughs where this system is already in place.
- Fewer transitions between providers during the school day enabling an easier settling in period for the children and providing continuity and consistency in approach.
- The transition to compulsory full time education in Reception will be an even smoother process.
If you have any questions with regard to a full-time nursery place for your child, please speak to Ruth Short, our School Business Manager, by calling the schools main number or emailing her email@example.com
We also offer breakfast and after school care at The Copse. Parents who require childcare outside of school hours can access additional hours from 7.30am until 8.45am and 3.15pm until 6pm at an additional cost. Please click on the link on the right hand side of this page for more information about this service.