All Day Nursery Provision and Flexible Hours Offer
Our school nursery is open from 8.30am to 3.00/3.15pm. We offer families the option of full time nursery provision or flexible part time hours (see below).
For families who also need childcare before and after school hours, our nursery provision can be combined with attendance at our breakfast and after school club called ‘The Copse’ which operates from 7.30-8.30am in the morning, and 3.00-6pm in the evening. By using this provision, your child will experience fewer transitions between providers during the day offering them continuity and consistency in approach. There is an additional cost for this service. Please click here for more information.
Flexible Nursery Hours
We are delighted to offer a more flexible way for families to access their child’s nursery entitlement.
How can families access nursery provision?
- All families of children in the nursery age bracket are entitled to 15 hours of free universal nursery provision.
- Some families will also be eligible for an additional 15 hours of free nursery provision through the government’s childcare choices scheme. This means you can access up to 30 hours of funded provision per week. We can only offer these hours to families who provide us with a valid eligibility code, within the government's defined timescales.
- Families are also able to pay the school directly for additional nursery sessions.
Subject to availability, families can choose how their child’s eligible hours are spread across the school week, but these must fit with typical school hours 8.30am - 3.00/3.15pm. For example:
- Morning or afternoon only using your 15 hours of free universal entitlement (5 x 3 hour nursery sessions, Monday to Friday 8.30-130am or Monday to Friday 12.15-3.15pm).
- A mixture of morning, afternoon and/or all-day sessions
- Using your 15 hours of free universal entitlement.
(Please note if you access a full day of nursery, this usually incurs a small additional charge to cover the additional time over the 15 free hours that your child attends)
- Using your 15 hours of free universal entitlement and paying for any further hours up to five full days of nursery provision.
(The additional charge will be at the rate of £12 per hour, but please note that children must attend whole sessions, 8.30-11.30am; 12.15-3.00/3.15pm; or 8.30am -3.00/3.15pm)
- Using your 15 hours of free universal entitlement.
- Full time nursery using your child’s 15 hours of free universal entitlement and combining this with the additional 15 free hours available via the government's Childcare Choices scheme to access up to 5 full days of nursery provision (Monday to Friday 8.30am - 00/3.15pm).
(Please note there will be an additional charge of £30 per week to account for the additional hours (over 30 hours) your child attends our nursery).
- Unplanned sessions. Any family whose child already attends our nursery, may request their child to attend additional nursery sessions on a week by week basis and these will be agreed based upon spaces being available and after receipt of payment (which must be made at the time of booking). The charge will be at the rate of £12 per hour, and all children must attend a whole session.
If a family has a request which falls outside the above options, they should contact the school directly with their request via firstname.lastname@example.org with Nursery Session Request as the subject line, and we will liaise with you directly.
Payments to account for additional hours must be made in advance on a half-term or monthly basis and refunds are not available for any sessions missed. We do accept childcare vouchers.
Terms and Conditions
- Once your child’s nursery session attendance has been agreed, this will remain in place for the duration of the child’s time in nursery unless a change is requested by the family (and for families making use of the Childcare Choices scheme, eligibility codes being presented as required).
- Requests for changes for the following term must be made no later than the end of the half-term prior to when the change is due to start, e.g. by the end of February half-term for a change in usage in the summer term.
- We cannot guarantee that we will be able to agree to everyone’s requests straight away. If we are able to accommodate a family's preferred option, they will be notified in writing via email. We will liaise with any families whose first preference we cannot meet to see if we can find an alternative pattern that suits them. We anticipate that we will have less flexibility when we first change to this system, so please bear with us.
- If we are oversubscribed for all day nursery places, they will be allocated using the below criteria:
- Existing nursery children with a 15 hour universal place
- Looked after children
- Children with a sibling in attendance at the main school
- Child of a staff member
- Distance to school from home address
- These offers are available during term time. However, we do provide a holiday club for children who attend our school.
If you have any questions with regard to a nursery place at Hillcross for your child, please call our school office (0208 542 6936) or email email@example.com.
For more information about the extended entitlement offer, please click on the link to the Merton website Early education for 2, 3 and 4-year-olds