At Hillcross we have an agreed school uniform in order to enhance school pride, unity and community spirit—wearing a school uniform also reduces the chance of children making judgements about each other based on appearance. As a member of Hillcross Primary School all children are expected to observe this policy.
- Please remember to label all items of your child's uniform - this includes shoes, lunchboxes and water bottles.
- Please regularly check the uniform your child brings home - it is very easy for items of uniform to get mixed up. If this has happens please can you bring back anything you find that isn’t your child's and we will reunite it with it’s owner (who will probably have your child’s item!).
Nursery and Reception Uniform
- Uniform for Nursery & Reception is compulsory however, we do offer a more casual option as the EYFS children spend the majority of their day involved in high quality, play based, active learning opportunities. These take place within the indoor and outdoor learning environment. The new uniform options will allow the children to run and climb safely, as well as developing independence.
- Children within EYFS (Nursery and Reception) may choose between the casual option, the more traditional uniform choice or a mixture of both. Plain black trainers (Velcro fastening) are the preferred option for children's footwear.
- A warm coat should be worn to school on cold/cool days.
- Waterproof coats and wellies (with school shoes to change into) should be worn on wet days.
- Sun hats or caps should be brought to school to be worn during outside play on sunny days*
- For children in KS2, please provide your child with a small pencil case to include: pencil, handwriting pen, ruler, eraser and a sharpener. A small selection of colouring pencils/pens is optional.
- Children may wear a small discrete analogue wrist watch.
- One small stud in each ear is allowed. (These must be removed and stored by the child for all PE sessions or covered by a plaster. Staff cannot accept responsibility for lost jewellery).
- Long shoulder length hair should be tied back with a plain, discrete hair tie (this applies to boys and girls).
- Hair styles should be smart, tidy and appropriate.
- Sunglasses and umbrellas are not permitted.
- Makeup, including nail varnish, should not be worn.
*These items can be ordered through the online school uniform shop at
Please click on the link below to view the school uniform policy