The House Point System
The house system operates consistently throughout the school and is designed to promote collaboration and collective achievement amongst staff, parents and children of all ages. It also allows for a healthy measure of good hearted competition.
- Children and staff are allocated to one of four houses as part of the admissions/induction process.
- The Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher are not allocated to a house in order to ensure impartiality.
- Each house earns points via collective achievement such as best attendance or sports day performance.
- Additional opportunities to earn house points are provided across the year such as an Easter Egg hunt, staff competitions, completion of the parent questionnaire and donations of jam jars for the summer fair.
- Points are tallied and displayed in the school hall and on the home page of the website.
- The house with the most points at the end of each term receives a reward.
- The house with most points at the end of the year receives an even bigger reward.