- Our Learning
- The Hillcross Curriculum
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development.
PSED is one of the three Prime areas within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). Each Prime area is divided into Early Learning Goals. For PSED these are:
- Self confidence and self awareness - children are confident to try new activities, and say why they like some activities more than others. They are confident to speak in a familiar group, will talk about their ideas, and will choose the resources they need for their chosen activities. They say when they do or don't need help.
- Managing feelings and behaviour - children talk about how they and others show feelings, talk about their own and others behaviour, and its consequences, and know that some behaviour is unacceptable. They work as part of a group or class, and understand and follow the rules. They adjust their behaviour to different situations, and take changes of routine in their stride.
- Making relationships - children play cooperatively, taking turns with others. They take account of one another's ideas about how to organise their activity. They show sensitivity to others' needs and feelings, and form positive relationships with adults and other children.
At Hillcross we ensure that;
- We support children as they find their own different ways to manage feelings of sadness when their parents leave them. Some children might need to hold onto a special object/picture from home to feel strong and confident in the setting or use our bounce back zones.
- Help all children to feel that they are valued, and they belong.
- We respond to children’s increasing independence and sense of responsibility. As the year proceeds, we increase the range of resources and challenges both outdoors and inside.
- Support children in being responsible for their self and belongings throughout their time in the EYFS.